Thursday, July 23, 2009

Where to begin



This will be brief, more of an explanation than anything else. The reason I am doing this is to try to raise the awareness of renewable energy and the technologies which are currently in deployment in Ireland.

I'll try and get round all the technologies and give a fair craic of the whip to all. This will be a forum to discuss the news in the energy sector in Ireland and to highlight developments. There will be commentary, discussion and probably a lot of ranting.

What do I hope to achieve? Well it would be nice to get more people enthused about renewables. I get the feeling that people bought into the Green way of thinking because they thought we could afford to. In the Celtic Tiger years, it was ok to be green, it was, like a nice suit, something that the budget would stretch to. In the years ahead I get the feeling that Kermits axiom that its not easy being green will be more relevant.

I'm not a green and I think renewable energy is too important a resource for us to ignore.

Oh and hands up, I work in the sector. This will probably be biaised, I'll try to be objective, but I cant make you any promises.


No comments:

Post a Comment